Time is flying by, and thankfully the cold and wet winter full of studying and exams is over
(yes, it has been over for quite some time, but I needed a bit of drama!)
This month’s empties surprisingly have one common ‘ingredient’: Argan Oil ..
Argan Oil had been one of the biggest WOW buzzworthy beauty product since it has vitamins, anti-oxidants and fatty acids which heal and moisturise skin and hair, and it has been named as one of the ingredients in a vast range of beauty products!
I shall be providing some review on the following empties:
- Good Things Argan Oil Nourishing Cleansing Oil
- Good Things Argan Oil Moisture Boost Facial Serum
- Good Things Argan Oil Perfecting Facial Oil
- Creightons Argan Body Hand and Nail Cream
Let’s get started then 😉
Good Things Argan Oil Nourishing Cleansing Oil with Macadamia & Sweet Almond Oil 150ml AMAZON
- Keeps the skin hydrated since this is a moisturising cleansing oil.
- Packed with vitamin- rich argan oil, macadamia oil, essential fatty acids, and deeply nourishing sweet almond oil.
- It is the quick route to a soft, make-up free and delicately renewed complexion.
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Laureth-4, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Parfum (Fragrance), Tocopherol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.
There are some ingredients which, according to CosDNA are triggers for acne, and can irritate the skin – especially the fragrances in this cleansing oil. Another thing which should be noted is that argan oil is the fourth item on the list, meaning that the product is mostly made up of sunflower seed oil. Even though sunflower oil is beneficial for the skin, it is also far cheaper than argan oil, and I do not think that many would buy the product if it were to be renamed to ‘Sunflower Oil Nourishing Cleansing Oil’
Apply a generous amount of oil to clean hands and spend a minute massaging it gently on to your dry face. Add water to transform the oil into a milky solution and rinse off thoroughly.
To test out the cleansing oil’s effectiveness I used it to wipe off the following products:
- Essence all about matt! oil free Foundation EBAY AMAZON
- Rimmel Provocalips kiss proof lip colour in 200 (see my review here)
- Essence waterproof mascara EBAY AMAZON
As you can see, both the mascara and the foundation melted off the skin. The kiss proof lip colour is another thing entirely, as it almost refused to budge, even after I used a facial cleanser on it, as you can see below:
One thing which ticked me off a bit, apart from the fact that argan oil is not the main component of this product is the fragrance! Whilst Jess did not mind the fragrance and swears by this product as her cleansing oil, I would not buy it!
Good Things Argan Oil Moisture Boost Facial Serum with Peptides & Sweet Almond Oil 30ml EBAY
- It is the perfect addition to any skincare routine as it penetrates
deep within the skin leaving it feeling soft and smooth.
- Blends vitamin-rich macadamia oil with a firming peptide complex.
- Helps to improve the tone and elasticity of the skin by smoothing out wrinkles and giving it an intense moisture boost.
- Skin will be left feeling firmer, nourished and beautifully radiant.
Aqua (Water), Polysorbate 80, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Pullulan, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Nylon-10/10, Parfum (Fragrance), Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.
Argan oil is the seventh ingredient listed not to mention that some of the fragrances used can be comedogenic.
Gently massage a small amount onto cleansed face and neck, followed by your day or night cream.
How it looks:
The serum applies smoothly, blends into the skin very easily, leaving only a bit of stickiness which passes after a while. Again, what is with the fragrance?! I did feel that my skin was firmer but there was no intense moisture boost!
- Infused with deeply nourishing peach oil with anti-oxidant-rich vitamin E.
- It is a brilliant treat to soften and refresh tired looking skin.
- Combines a fusion of anti-ageing ingredients such as sweet almond oil, and is packed with replenishing essential fatty acids, and moisturising olive oil
- Is non greasy, and absorbs easily
- Leaves skin feeling hydrated, soft and radiant.
Isopropyl Myristate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isohexadecane, Parfum (Fragrance), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral.
Whilst the addition of olive oil, sweet almond oil and peach oil make for nice complements to the product, they are to serve as just that – complements to the product….argan oil is the tenth product listed!
(Fragranced to the moon and back) The facial oil dissolves into the skin and is absorbed easily, and does indeed leave skin feeling smooth and non-greasy. Again, there was no feeling that my skin was bursting full of moisture which would be almost ideal for those with greasy skin; not so much for those with dry skin, especially considering the serum didn’t perform so well. I also used the oil as a cuticle oil, and sometimes for my hair as well.
- Infused with Moroccan Argan Oil which is rich in natural antioxidants
- Deeply moisturises and nourishes the skin.
- Specially formulated with nourishing Argan Oil, Pro-Vitamin B5, Sweet Almond Oil & Shea Butter
- Helps strengthen nails and moisturise hands.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Paraffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Panthenol, Parfum (Fragrance), Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Hydroxide, Benzyl Salicylate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben.
Argan oil is again slightly down in the ingredients list, and there are some ingredients used in the product which irritate the skin.
Apply liberally onto the hands and massage in (well-duh!)
Just a pea-sized amount is enough to use on both hands, the cream absorbs easily into the skin leaving it feeling moisturised and nourished but not greasy at all. Even though it did not strengthen the nails, it did help with my cuticles! The cream is pleasantly fragranced, and I would repurchase it for the price it has. I am not sure, however, whether the cream would be enough or good for those with really dry skin.
That is it from me today! Have a lovely day 🙂
*This post has affiliate links