Welcome to the ‘How To’ series where every month we will provide you with a beauty-related tutorial to make you look and feel your best yet 😉
We’ll start off with one of the issues which plagues … everyone?
Then comes THE question: can I shrink my pores? Well, if you google search that question a ton of articles will pop up claiming to know the ultimate answer, and will provide advice on how one can “shrink” one’s pores. However, is it really attainable? Can cucumber juice or a clay mask shrink pores?
Well, I don’t know.
What I do know is that there are ways to declog and dejunk your pores, and I’ll show you one of the ways to do it using three products:
- A BHA – BHAs penetrate the oil that is clogging the pores and exfoliate the surface of the skin and the pore lining…. KA-CHING – bye bye breakouts
- A Clay Mask – Clay is highly absorbent and helps purify the skin by drawing away the excess oil and dirt that is clogging the pores
- An Oil Cleanser / Face Oil – I initially used to use argan oil, but I found that a cleansing oil works a lot better
For this particular tutorial I used:
- Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid Ebay Amazon
- Rainbow French Green Clay Ebay Amazon
- Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing Oil Ebay Amazon
Let’s get down to it!
- Apply the BHA of your choice to your pretty face and let it work its magic for circa 20 minutes. Now, washing your face before is purely optional, I personally prefer to wash it before, however keep in mind that your skin needs to be the ideal ph before applying the BHA.
- Apply the clay mask and leave that work its own magic. The Rainbow French Green Clay mask usually takes about 20 minutes to fully dry. Whilst I’m not in love with this mask, it does what it is supposed to.
- Wash off the mask!
- Put some cleansing oil on your face. Other oils are also suitable to use, however, cleansing oils are meant to penetrate and dissolve your makeup. Keep it on your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Start rubbing the cleanser in with your fingertips using circular, side, and up and down motions, keeping in mind not to use a lot of force.
- You should feel some of the clogged dirt and oils underneath the surface of your skin, and some of it would have been sucked to the surface and would easily transfer on your hand when you’re doing your motions. Don’t do this for more than 5 minutes, as you can easily damage the skin.
- Wash off the cleansing oil, and continue with your normal routine, starting with a cleanser.
Try it 😉