Today`s post is another purchase from my birthday haul (here) – the Innisfree super volcanic pore clay mask (
wow what a mouthful).
Anyways here are my thoughts and swatches 🙂
So let us start by seeing what the brand Innisfree promises the product will do:
from the Innisfree website the product is said to be a 6-in-1 pore treatment clay mask containing super volcanic cluster capsules to effectively absorb sebum and cleanse pores
What it is
6-in-1 Pore care:
Shrinks pores + Controls sebum + Exfoliates + Deeply cleanses + Brightens tone + Cools
Winner of 22 Global Beauty Awards
1. What is the Super volcanic pore mask?
Jeju volcanic clay is made from minerals released by volcanic explosions in Jeju. It’s categorized as a preserved alkaline resource and is effective in removing sebum and other impurities.
(Contains 6,020 mg of Jeju volcanic clay)
2. Strong removal of sebum thanks to the Super volcanic capsules
As the capsule bursts, the mask exfoliates and removes dead skin cells. The AHA ingredient chemically exfoliates and smoothes out skin.
3. Clear, Contracted, and Refreshed Pores!
The strong absorption of sebum and cooling effect of the clay refreshes the skin and contracts pores.
How to use?
After washing your face, gently apply toner on your face to even out your skin texture. Then, apply the mask over your entire face, avoiding your eye and lip areas. Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
1. Avoid using the product around your eyes.
2. Do not apply on wounds or any skin experiencing irritation, such as dermatitis and eczema.
3. If you exhibit the following symptoms after using the product, immediately stop using the product. If symptoms worsen, consult a dermatologist.
1) Red blotches, swelling, itchiness, or irritation
2) If the above symptoms appear when the skin is exposed to direct sunlight after using the product, immediately stop using the product.
4. Handling and storing the product
1) Close the product’s container after using it.
2) Keep the product out of the reach of children. If the product is ingested, consult a doctor. 3) Avoid extremely high and low temperatures and direct sunlight.
5. Close the product’s container after using it.
The product comes in a plasticy container
but it is not plastic, it is a weird material, on opening the product it has a little separator to keep the product nice and fresh.
What I noticed about this product is that a little goes a long way
From just a smidge I was able to cover a large surface from my hand. After using this product for some time I would recommend to just apply a nice smooth layer rather than caking on product as it is very difficult to remove!
GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING
sorry I needed to do that as a little disclaimer 😉
here are some pictures of what it looks like on the skin as soon as you apply it. With time it sinks into the pores quite well. it even sunk in the
massive pores I have next to my nose in the first few minutes.
My thoughts on the product :
- does penetrate the pores and removes the gunk all up in there
- does remove excess sebum
- does deep cleanse
- you get quite a large amount of product that goes a long way
- so so hard to remove
- is a little too drying for my taste
- did not come with a spatula
I did not see an effective on the size of my pores, in fact when I used it ( more frequently than instructed ) I got massive massive pores which not even a pore filler could cover up and it could be seen well even with makeup on 😦
I did not see a difference in my tone either
Even though it was lacking in the last two aspects I quite like the product, it could be improved slightly by introduction of a smoother formula and a spatula for easier and more sanitary handling of the product but the pros outweigh the cons by far!
I loved the deep clean feel you get after removing this mask. I like to use this on Sundays after a week with my face full of makeup I feel like I do need a good cleanse!
Overall I would recommend this product for a nice deep cleanse, great for oily skin, great for dry skin also but I would recommend only using it on oily zones!
If you liked this product I purchased this from here , I really like this seller as samples are always given 🙂
Disclaimer: The above are affiliate links, although I bought the products myself